Agriculture and Natural Resource Extension Agents provide research-based information on livestock production, agronomy, commercial fruit production, viticulture, agronomics, pesticide safety and much more!
See what the Agriculture & Natural Resource Program has to offer . . .
- Animal Science
- Crop & Soil Sciences
- Farm Business Management
- Natural Resources & the Environment
- Pest Management
- Home Horticulture
- Gypsy Moth Suppression
- Pesticide Safety Training
- Soil Testing and Fertilization Recommendations
- Insect, Disease and Weed Identification and Control Measures
- Manure Testing
- Diagnostic Trouble shooting
Northern Shenandoah Valley Family and Consumer Sciences
Learn How To:
- Strengthen your personal or family finances
- Protect yourself from scams
- Improve your indoor air quality
- Save money by saving energy
- Participate in post-bankruptcy financial education
- Bring financial education to your organization, business, or school
- Become a Master Financial Education Volunteer
Senior Extension Agent
Ask an Expert - Northern Shenandoah Valley Financial Education Programs
Do you have a question about financial management or consumer issues? Ask an Expert
Learn How To:
- Decrease risk of chronic disease through good nutrition
- Get involved with adult nutrition/exercise programs
- Bring nutrition programs to your agency or school
- Get your ServSafe Certificate
- Preserve foods safely using USDA-recommended practices
- Other cooking, nutrition, physical activity related education opportunities available
Ask an Expert - Frederick County & Warren County FCS Programs
Do you have a question about nutrition, food preservation or physical activity? Ask an Expert
4-H is a community of young people across American who are learning leadership, citizenship and life skills. The Warren County 4-H Program offers youth ages 5 to 18 opportunities to participate in clubs, educational contests, horse and livestock shows and much more!
Click on the links to see what the Warren County 4-H Program has to offer . . .
- About 4-H
- Warren County 4-H Clubs
- Afterschool Program
- Junior 4-H Camp
- Summer Day Camps
- Horse Program
- Livestock Program
- Skyline Stockmen's Contest
- County Contests
- Warren County 4-H Pageant
- Warren County Volunteer Leaders Association
Check us out on Facebook- Warren County 4-H
Want to learn more?
Email your questions about 4-H to Stacy Swain, 4-H Youth Development Educator
Engaging with Communities
Virginia Cooperative Extension specialists in community viability work with Extension agents, campus-based faculty, organizational partners, communities, and individuals to further opportunity and build capacity in five program areas:
- Leadership & Planning
- Community Enterprise and Resiliency
- Community Food System and Enterprises
- Community Planning
- Emerging Community Issues
Examples of our work include training county elected officials, educating entrepreneurs, facilitating collaborative projects, supporting the growth of community food systems and local economies, enhancing agent skills and community capacity in facilitation and leadership, conducting problem-driven research, and creating publications and tools that address critical community needs.
Do you have a question about Community Viability?
Perhaps one of the Community Viability specialists below can help you. Contact a Community Viability specialist or direct a question to them using our Ask an Expertsystem.